Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics of the Fraternal Insurance Counselor
As a fraternal life underwriter, I will maintain the utmost professional
standards toward my client and, at the same time, maintain a position of
trust and loyalty to my Society. I will maintain the highest ethical balance
between these two obligations.
I believe it to be my responsibility:
- to hold the life insurance profession in high esteem and to constantly
strive to advance the prestige of legal reserve Fraternal Life Insurance,
- to develop my ability and improve my knowledge through regular study, and
to encourage other underwriters to do likewise,
- to respect my client's confidence and to hold in trust any personal information,
- to present accurately and completely all of the facts essential to my client's
decision and to always place his best interests and welfare above any personal
- to refuse any person or persons any part of my commissions or earnings
as an inducement to purchase any life insurance,
- to submit complete and accurate applications for membership and insurance
on only those persons whom I believe to have the proper moral and medical
requirements that conform with my Society's underwriting rules, and
- to cooperate with my fellow associates in all insurance organizations in
furthering the best interests of the Institution of Life Insurance.
As a Fraternal Insurance Counselor, I pledge myself to uphold and maintain
these principles and responsibilities.